- Superscripts in y-axis labels
- Probability scale on x-axis
- Labelling points on the x-axis that are different to the plotted values i.e. we are plotting the normal quantile values but labelling them as percentages
- Adding a title to the legend
- Adding labels to the legend
- Positioning the legend on the plot
- Choosing colours for the lines
- Using commas as a thousand separator.
Code is available as a gist, which also shows how to:
- Enter data using the tribble function, which is convenient for small data sets
- Change the format of data to one observation per row using the tidyr::gather function.
- Use a log scale on the y-axis
- Plot a secondary axis showing the AEP as 1 in X years
- Use the Probit transformation for the AEP values
Links for more information: