In Australia, information on stream gauges is now available over the web in every jurisdiction. Most sites have been greatly improved over the last couple of years, although the ACT site is still very basic.
Try these links for the various states and territories:
- ACT – There are a few gauges on the NSW site
- NSW – Waterinfo.nsw
- Northern Territory – Water Data Portal
- Queensland – Water monitoring
- South Australia – WaterConnect
- Tasmania – Water Information System of Tasmania
- Victoria – Victorian water resources (map of gauges) and data warehouse
- Western Australia – Water Information Reporting
For the whole of Australia, there is some information provided by the Bureau of Meteorology
Also check out the 221 hydrological reference stations at the Bureau.